Oral health and hygiene should come first for you and your family. Annual dental visits can help keep your teeth clean and healthy. You only have one set of adult teeth in your life, and you need to make sure that they are in pristine condition.
If you don’t take care of your teeth, then you may end up losing them to decay or disease. Annual cleanings can prevent that, and The Art of Dentistry is here to help you in that venture.
Regular checkups at the dentist involve a dental exam. They include:
- Diagnostic X-Rays are important to help see any potential issues that may need attention including loose teeth, tumors, and more.
- Oral Cancer Screenings are another aspect, which means they check your mouth, teeth, and tongue for signs of cancer.
- Periodontal disease is looked for around the gums and teeth.
- An examination for tooth decay occurs to make sure the teeth are healthy and stable.
- An examination of past dental work occurs to make sure they don’t need any work done and have no issues
Having a professional dental cleaning is very important, and a dental hygienist is the one who performs it so that the doctor can then take a look at your clean teeth and develop an opinion.
Once at your dentist’s office, your dental cleaning will involve the following:
- Plaque Removal: That sticky and invisible feeling over your teeth is plaque. That involves food and bacteria that can actually infect the gums, and it is one of the beginning stages of periodontal disease.
- Tartar Removal: Tartar, or calculus, is plaque that is stuck to the tooth and has been there for quite a long time. It can be over the gum line and under the gum line. It has to be removed professionally by a dentist.
- Teeth Polishing: Stains and plaque are scraped off of the teeth that didn’t come off in the initial cleaning.
Call The Art of Dentistry today and schedule your dental exam and cleaning.