Importance of Regular Dental Exams and Cleanings
Do you ever wonder why dental experts stress the need for regular dental visits? One must wonder what it is they offer in the regular that you must consider. Many dental treatments can be offered when you visit a dental facility. However, only a few are offered regularly.
Dental exams and cleanings are among the services offered in general dentistry to all patients. Whether it is your first time or not, you must identify the benefits of cleanings and exams for your oral health.
What Do Regular Visits Entail?
When your dentist asks you to book appointments regularly, they are not only doing so to build a good clientele list. If anything, they insist because of the benefits you stand to gain from doing so.
Dental cleaning near you is offered during routine dental visits. The cleanings involve deep cleaning your mouth to maintain excellent oral hygiene and oral health. Aside from that, regular dental cleaning is also conducted. They involve different tests to ascertain you have a clean bill of oral health.
More About Dental Cleanings
Teeth cleanings done by a professional are much different from what you would otherwise do at home. Some of the processes involved thereof include:
- Root planing and scaling – it applies to patients who have terrible oral hygiene. This means that they have a build-up of plaque and tartar in their teeth that needs to be removed.
- Teeth brushing involves using special dental toothpaste and an electronic toothbrush to clean your mouth’s surfaces.
- Flossing – a dental hygienist knows the best way to floss your teeth for maximum results.
- Rinsing – a rinse with special mouthwash will help remove any loose debris from your mouth.
- Fluoride treatment – on some occasions, your dentist will vouch for having a fluoride treatment after your cleaning. The treatment will add a layer of protection over your teeth to keep them strong until you need a deep clean.
More About Dental Exams
Aside from affordable deep teeth cleaning, another routine in dental facilities is dental exams. They consist of different tests to examine and evaluate your oral health. The tests include:
- Physical exam – any visible symptoms you may have will be identified during this test. Besides, the test may also involve answering several questions about your knowledge of your oral health.
- Digital exams – they include more sophisticated tests that can also be used as diagnostic tests. Examples are x-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, to mention a few. These tests are necessary to check your oral health beyond what can be seen with the naked eye.
Importance of Routine Exams And Cleanings
While they may seem like a luxury you do not want to consider, exams and cleanings for your oral cavity are vital to excellent oral health. Some benefits to consider are:
- Early detection of infections – you may not be aware of an infection in your mouth, more so in its early stages. However, an exam may allow your dentist to detect it early and start treatment as soon as possible. It is also an assurance that your dentist can stop the progression of any underlying oral problems you may have.
- Restorative treatments – sometimes, your mouth needs some repairs to help restore your smile’s functioning and even appearance.
- Improved oral hygiene – you should consider the regular deep cleans as a new slate for which you can excel in your oral hygiene at home.
- Improved appearance of your teeth – soon after your deep clean, you should notice a remarkable improvement in the appearance of your teeth. Most stains will be lost, and your teeth will appear brighter.
- Prevention of infection – some infections result due to poor oral hygiene. This includes gum disease and dental decay. With regular deep cleans, your dentist can help you fight infections.
- Stronger and healthier teeth – without harmful bacteria and infections in your mouth, your teeth will be stronger, as well as your gums. Aside from that, the fluoride treatment will help keep your teeth strong, amply fighting against dental cavities and tooth decay.